Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer (Hoboken)
For a long-term project for the Offshore division, located in Hoboken, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer Offshore.
In the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team and shall be responsible for the engineering activities related to the different systems of your specialty (expertise). You will be responsible for the design and delivery of a set of mechanical systems and will report to the Lead Mechanical Engineer or Engineering Manager. This will be either in a project or a tender environment.
– Prepare integrated concept designs, outline specifications, technical specifications for systems and equipment, functional specifications together with partners where appropriate
– Translate client’s and statutory requirements in appropriate technical documents (Request For Proposal – Technical part) to be used by the procurement team to obtain “best in class” conditions (at bidding phase and execution phase)
– Lead the engineering activities for the allocated systems and monitor quality, assess input from engineering team, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
– Prepare the operations & maintenance manuals to be delivered to customers
– Incorporate appropriate maintenance engineering in the design and provide support to the in house Monitoring & Maintenance department
– Provide support towards construction & commissioning: definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered
For this function we are looking for a candidate with a degree in engineering (mechanical/electromechanical). You have excellent knowledge and minimum 10 years of experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities (in the field of your specialty/expertise) related to offshore applications.
– Communication skills: English, knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is an added value
-Track record related to offshore substations (OHVS) is a clear asset
– Experience with industry guidelines (DNVGL) applicable to the design of an OHVS is a strong preference
– Leadership capabilities and experience in supervising a subcontractor in an international context
– Able to manage good relationships with project management team, the client and our partners
– You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies
– You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency
– Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation