Engineering Project Manager (Hoboken)
For a long-term project for the Offshore Wind division, located in Hoboken, we are looking for an Engineering Project Manager Offshore Wind.
In the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, as an engineering manager, you will plan, organize, lead, coordinate and control a multi-disciplinary engineering team and shall be responsible for organizing and structuring the engineering works for the tender or project related to EPC delivery of Offshore High Voltage Substations (OHVS).
In addition you might also be responsible for the interfacing between electrical/mechanical works and steel design works within a JV environment.
You will work in close consultation with the project or tender manager.
– Organizing and supporting a centralized engineering team around key discipline engineers for the LV & auxiliary scope (mechanical & electrical lead engineers), automation, 3D design, transport & installation
– Accountable for the organization of engineering efforts requested for the delivery of products
– Leading the engineering activities for the allocated project and monitor quality, assess input from own engineering team, partners, suppliers and subcontractors. This includes:
preparing integrated concept designs, outline specifications, technical specifications for systems and equipment, functional specifications together with partners where appropriate
– Translating client’s and statutory requirements in appropriate technical documents (Request For Proposal – Technical part) to be used by the procurement team to obtain “best in class” conditions (at bidding phase and execution phase) according to customers’ expectations and for their execution in compliance with the estimate
– Preparing the operations & maintenance manuals to be delivered to customers
– Incorporating appropriate maintenance engineering in the design and provide support to the in house Monitoring & Maintenance department
– Providing support towards construction & commissioning: definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered (resources, tools, quality, H&S …) – improve efficiency thanks to lessons learned (“learning team”)
For this function we are looking for a candidate with a degree in engineering (mechanical/electrical/electromechanical). You have excellent knowledge and minimum 10 years of experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities related to offshore structures.
– Communication skills: English & Dutch, French and/or German is an added value
– Track record related to offshore substations (OHVS) is a clear asset
– Leadership capabilities and experience in supervising engineering teams in an international context
– Able to manage good relationships with project management team, the client and our partners
– You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies
– You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency
– Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation